REBEL ROOT CIDERWORKS
Rebel Root Ciderworks was conceived from the idea that UK cider needed to evolve and innovate, much like our American cousins. There was a desire for new, challenging and experimental ciders to offer cider drinkers more options on the shelf.
Our ethos is simple, Innovation, experimentation, challenge perceptions and create new experiences with this drink we love. We create ciders true of our land (terrior) and of our region. High acid, dry low and no added sugar and low intervention.
Is to become the UK's first Carbon Positive cidery. This means we will be in a carbon deficit, looking to our future and showcasing how Cider really is the most sustainable alcoholic beverage
HOW ARE WE DOING THIS?
THIS IS SOME OF WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
- Firstly by growing our own trees. Orchards are great Carbon sinks and lock it in the the ground
- Reducing the energy usage in our practices, through techniques such as gravity filling rather than using a pump
- Reducing the impact of our packaging, from when its made, delivered and recycled. Using lighter weight aluminium cans for our Session ciders instead of glass is not only easily crushed down so there's more room in the recycling bin, but its lighter than glass, so we can deliver more in one trip, so to help us out, think if you can order more at a time to save on repeat journeys.
- Going drier - in most ciders the sweetness comes from adding sugars before packaging, as cider ferments to dryness. The most common and cheapest sugar used is cane sugar which has travelled thousands of miles by air, sea and road, creating a huge carbon footprint. So by making our ciders low or no sugar not only does it taste better but it is just better!
- Oh and hey, lower sugar means lower calories! yep thats right.
TABEL & SHARING CIDERS
Come and stay - From Spring 2024
This year we're super excited to be able to keep you over! If your interested in the below, before we launch get in touch
Our beautifully converted timber barn, with views over one of our home orchards. With room to sleep 8-10 (Two families comfortably or one family really comfortably)
Interested in staying, be the first to know, get in touch now...
For the first time this summer, we will be welcoming you to stay on our farm for a selected handful of days in July and August.
A small amount of pitches will be available, with services such as showers, loos, coffee and ice cream hut, cidery events, pizza, local produce, fresh fruit and veg, orchard walks and picnics and more.
Our mission is to create a wonderful, family focused camping and countryside experience. And for you to create cherished memories on our farm with your family, just like we do.